The decision to buy a hearing aid can be difficult. Acknowledging the problem and taking control of your life is the first step to hearing, once again, all of those little sounds that make your life rich and rewarding…but the process of finding the right hearing aid—the one that isn’t too distracting, fits like a glove, and gives you the best clarity—seems so overwhelming that you keep putting it off.
A Minor Hearing Problem Can Develop Into a Serious Condition
Many people put off correcting a hearing problem because they are afraid of the stigma of wearing a big, bulky hearing aid. They do not realize that today’s devices are nearly invisible; in some cases, as with hearing aids worn inside the ear (as seen in the photo), they are for effectively “invisible.” More importantly, untreated hearing loss will often progress quickly, causing withdrawal, depression, and even early dementia in older patients, many of whom may not be aware they have a hearing problem. With today’s fast advances in technology, there is no reason to suffer hearing loss symptoms or worry about people seeing your aid and not the real you.
Consider these situations, because you could be experiencing mild or moderate hearing loss if you:
- Are told your TV or radio is too loud
- Have problems understanding women or children
- Suffered a head injury or a severe infection in one or both ears
- Have a family history of hearing loss
- Ask people to repeat themselves
- Hear a ringing in your ears
- Are unable to hear individuals in a crowded environment
- Respond to others too loudly
- Rely on lip-reading to fill in the parts of conversation you can’t hear
Whether you are experiencing a few early signs of hearing loss or are looking to upgrade your existing hearing aid, Hear Again Hearing Aids can give you the guidance you need to get the perfect device for your condition. Call us today at (361) 854-2500 to set up your free hearing consultation!
From Testing to Fitting, We Support You Every Step of the Way
Choosing the right device can be an overwhelming process, especially if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. At Hear Again Hearing Aids, chief audiologist Dr. Cheryll Gold and her team of hearing care specialists start at the very beginning and guide you through your hearing restoration journey. Our comprehensive care for hearing loss includes:
- Hearing Testing and Screening The most effective way to start your hearing loss correction is with our free hearing exam. Our highly trained staff will perform a variety of tests as part of your examination and will use the results to help you better understand your condition and explain your best options for hearing correction.
- Hearing Aid Devices. Many people suffer through hearing loss for years because they are put off by large, bulky hearing aids that call attention to the condition. We offer 100% digital hearing aids in a variety of styles, colors, and sizes, allowing patients with even the most severe hearing loss to correct the condition with a device that is nearly invisible. We can find the device to fit your lifestyle and budget from behind-the-ear models, in-the-ear models, or custom-fitted devices that sit completely inside the ear canal. We also offer many accessories, such as custom earplugs for swimmers and musicians, telephone switches, direct audio input, feedback suppression, and directional microphones that work with your hearing aid to help you hear TV and electronic devices and eliminate static to make your connection crystal clear.
- Hearing Aid Maintenance and Repair. Regular maintenance is vital to keeping your hearing aid in good working order. We provide cleaning services and perform maintenance to ensure the best possible performance out of your device. We repair broken hearing aids right in our office, so there’s no need to send your device out for repair.
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Relief. Many patients with hearing loss also suffer from tinnitus, a ringing or other persistent noise in their ears. Our providers can pinpoint the cause of your tinnitus and advise you on the proper course of treatment that can help alleviate the frustration and distraction of your condition.
Visit Our Corpus Christi Hearing Care Office Today!
Hear Again is committed to providing the most valuable hearing aid devices for every lifestyle, preference, and budget. We always examine your insurance plan to see if your policy could cover a portion of your hearing aid, and we also offer short and long-term payment plans through CareCredit. With our flexible financing, there’s no reason to go without the device you want!
We are proud to serve patients and their families in Corpus Christi, Texas, and surrounding communities. Call us today at (361) 854-2500 to make an appointment or get more information about our testing procedures and hearing aid options.